All students applying to the MLIS program must have the following:
- A completed bachelor’s degree from an institution that is accredited by a nationally recognized, regional accrediting association;
- Undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) or better on a 4.0 scale. If the applicant's GPA is less than 3.0, an explanatory statement should be included with the application.
While this list is not all-inclusive, competency in the following technology skills will enhance your ability to participate and succeed in the MLIS program:
- Use email
- Navigate computer file systems
- Collaborate with word processing programs
- Use simple spreadsheets
- Use simple presentation software
- Use online library catalogs
- Be familiar with database vocabulary
- Have basic familiarity with Web 2.0
- Take initiative for self-directed learning regarding new technologies
- Online tutorials or other training opportunities can help you strengthen these competencies if you feel the need to do so before entering the program.