Countless institutions across the country – hospitals, schools, churches – would not have come into being or remained in operation were it not for the blood, sweat and prayers of Catholic sisters. This March we recognize their widespread contributions!
We are asking parishes, schools and other Catholic organizations to help us celebrate this week. We encourage your creativity in how you choose to participate, but here are some suggestions:
- Publish an announcement of the week in your bulletin or newsletter
- Begin an intercession for vocations to religious life and continuing praying for the lives and works of current sisters
- Create a display of sisters to showcase during the month of March
- Invite sisters to attend various parish meetings and groups
- Coordinate a volunteer activity at a sister’s ministry
- Ask sisters to share their stories with members of your group (parishioners, students, young adults, etc.)
- Highlight sisters on your website
- Share first-person stories of admirable sisters through social media
- Choose a saint who was a sister to be your patron for the month of March – study her and pray for her intercession
Please join our celebration and hold events throughout the month of March! We also ask that you share your photos and videos with us so that we can highlight your events on our Facebook page!