A stipend is taxable compensation used for small, one-time projects.
- Use of stipend payments is discouraged in favor of contract payments initiated via Workflow for faculty or staff, and hourly pay for students.
- Stipends have no associated FTE, so federal grants rarely allow stipends.
- Stipends must be in an approved award budget to be allowed.
- Additional Staff or Additional Faculty Payment forms must include the amount, work description, and accounting code and be signed by the Dean; and routed to ORSP for processing.
- 7.65% FICA benefits are charged over and above the stipend amount.
- Payments are made during months the work occurs.