St. Catherine has maximized the distance-learning curriculum to create the most flexibility possible for you, as you continue your career.
Limited on-campus visits enhance your sense of community through program orientation and presentations of your work.
The OTD is a great option for students who:
- Want a rigorous curriculum with the flexibility afforded by the online learning format.
- Feel very comfortable using computers for academic work and communication.
- Learn well from written materials and can contribute to rich online discussion.
- Communicate clearly and effectively by email and other written communications.
- Possess strong self-discipline to complete coursework on-time and dedicate sufficient time to study.
- Have reliable access to a computer and internet connection.
A two-day residency at St. Catherine University will introduce you to faculty, fellow students and courses, and provide you with an opportunity to meet your doctoral advisor and learn about the technology you’ll access for your courses. (Alternate orientation provisions will be made for students who cannot attend in person.)
You will be required to make public presentations of projects for each of your five-credit courses. If you cannot come to campus, you can use technology such as Skype to make your public presentations.
You will present and defend your final doctoral project on campus.
You are invited to participate in graduation ceremonies on campus after completing the program.