St. Kate's Chapter

Loginlocked

 

St. Kate's Chapter

In 1917, St. Catherine's earned full accreditation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. In fall 1937, the Phi Beta Kappa Council voted to grant a charter to the College of St. Catherine, making St. Catherine's the third college in Minnesota and the first Catholic institution in the United States to be recognized Phi Beta Kappa. These achievements demonstrated that attainment of the Sisters’ vision to set the College (now University) apart through its rigorous liberal arts curriculum was an attainable goal.