Bulletin Alert: Theft of personal items
PUBLIC SAFETY BULLETIN – February 14th, 2014
The Department of Public Safety would like to inform St. Catherine community of the following Public Safety Advisory:
On the above date, a string of thefts that included purses and backpacks occurred in the Coeur de Catherine and the O’Shaughnessy Auditorium. There are no suspects at this time.
Please remember to always take these safety precautions:
- Report crimes or suspicious activity to Public Safety immediately at x8888.
- Always lock your resident rooms and/or office when you leave.
- Do not allow anyone to “shadow or piggyback” into a secure building. Call Public Safety immediately if someone attempts to follow you into a building.
- It takes only a few seconds for a thief to enter a residence room, or office and leave with your valuables. Never leave your laptop or other valuables unattended.
- Be alert to any people in buildings or residence halls who behave suspiciously. You know the areas that you live and work in best.
- Do not leave your purses, laptops, wallets, cash or other valuables unsecured in plain sight or unattended in public areas for even a short period of time.
- Remember suspect information, including approximate age, height, weight and details on hair, clothing, jewelry, scars, tattoos, last known direction of travel - anything noticeable.
Contact public safety or 911 when you see suspicious people.
Go to Public Safety’s website under “Safety” for other safety tips.
For further information contact public safety at 651-690-8888