St. Catherine University would like to inform the campus community...
Full incident alert available here. The St. Catherine University...
Full incident bulletin available here. The Department of...
In the Car
Public Safety encourages you to take steps reduce the risk of crimes against you and your property, whether you are on or off campus.
- Most importantly, be observant and aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Call Public Safety Officers (651.690.8888) to walk you to your car.
- Park as close to your destination as possible and in well-lighted areas whenever feasible.
- Always have your keys ready to unlock the car door.
- Check inside your car before getting in.
- Keep car doors locked at all times, and windows rolled up.
- Try to keep your car maintained, and keep your gas tank at least half full.
- If you do experience car trouble, raise the hood and stay in your vehicle. If someone offers assistance, roll the window down just enough to talk to them and ask them to call police for you.
- Do not stop to help a stranger in a stalled vehicle–go to a safe place and report the stalled vehicle to the police.
- Do not pick up hitchhikers.
- If someone tries to break into your car while you are in it, honk the horn in short repeated blasts to alert neighbors or scare them off.
- If you are being followed by a suspicious person, go quickly to a well-lit and populated area–the nearest police or fire station or an open gas station - anyplace with people around.
- If you leave keys with a parking attendant or at a service station, leave only the car (not your house) key.
- Purchase/lease a cellular phone and keep it charged.