CRIME ADVISORY: ST. PAUL CAMPUS THEFT SUSPECT Full incident...
St. Catherine University would like to inform the campus community...
Full incident alert available here. The St. Catherine University...
On the Street
Public Safety encourages you to make the following steps a part of your daily routine. Make it a habit to be cautious on or off campus, in buildings and in transit. Trust your gut feeling that something may be wrong.
- Most importantly, be observant and aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Stay on populated, well-lit streets. Avoid shrubbery, dark areas near buildings and other places an attacker might hide.
- Avoid shortcuts or walking alone at night.
- Don't wear headphones. They block your ability to hear someone approach you.
- Look around as you walk and be aware of you or surroundings. Make it difficult for anyone to take you by surprise. Walk confidently at a steady pace.
- Carry something that can make a loud noise that can scare off possible attackers.
- If using public transportation, sit near the driver.
- If you have gotten a ride in a cab or from a friend, ask the driver to wait and watch until you are safely inside your destination.
- Be cautious about displaying your social security number, cash or credit cards.
- If you carry a handbag, hold it close to your body with fastener closed and turned toward your body so a thief cannot grab it and cause injury or knock you down.
- If you are attacked, scream, yell, kick and try to get away. Run towards people and get help.