When an emergency occurs in the halls, Residence Life staff and public safety officers will respond, following University procedures. You play a vital role in the process. As a resident student you are responsible for:
- Knowing the emergency procedures for your living area.
- Following community policies to help prevent emergencies.
- Reporting emergencies - even if you fear getting in trouble.
- Following the directions of residence life and public safety staff during an emergency.
Emergencies in the Residence Halls
- Emergency Kits »
- Procedures by Type (i.e. fire, severe weather, etc.) »
- Emergency Phone Numbers »
- Area Hospitals & Clinics »
Campus-Wide, Large Scale Emergencies
The University has procedures for managing large scale emergencies affecting the day-to-day operations of the University. Read more about these procedures »
For our families living in Alberta apartments, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) website has additional resources to help you create a family emergency plan - including a child-friendly webpage.