St. Kate's RN-BS Degree Completion: Affordable Excellence
If you think you can't afford a St. Kate's bachelor's degree in nursing, we invite you to think again. St. Kate's is dedicated to making RN-BS Degree Completion program financially accessible to nurses, with:
- Lower tuition rates — RN-BS Degree Completion rates are 50% less than rates charged in St. Kate's traditional bachelor's programs
- Favorable transfer-of-credit policies — St. Kate's will accept credits earned from your accredited associate nursing degree and additional other college courses (up to 100 credits; see our transfer page for details).
- A streamlined program of study — reducing your time to completion
- Partner scholarships — If you're employed by one of our partner healthcare systems, your tuition will be reduced tuition by 10%
Your costs will vary depending on how many credits you transfer in, your scholarships, and other variables. To find out how affordable St. Kate's RN-BS Degree Completion can be for you, download our cost of attendance worksheet.
Corporate partner scholarships
St. Catherine University grants corporate partner scholarships to RN-BS Degree Completion students empoyed in the healthcare systems listed below. The scholarship reduces eligible students' tuition costs by 10%:
- Allina Health
- Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Fairview Health Services
- Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- North Memorial Health Care
- Park Nicollet Health Services
- Regions Hospital
Employer tuition reimbursement
Many St. Kate's RN-BS Degree Completion students have access to employer tuition benefits, such as tuition reimbursement programs. Contact your employer's human resource, professional development or benefits office for information.
RN-BS Degree Completion students registered for six credits or more per term are eligible for federal and state loan and aid programs. When applying for admission, you may apply for financial aid simultaneously. To learn about the four steps to applying for aid, as well as other details, visit St. Kate's Financial Aid site.
Need help understanding your aid options? Not sure what to do next? We're here to help!
The financial aid counselors work exclusively with adult students. Contact them for help applying for federal or state aid, money management guidance, and information on sensible borrowing.
RN-BS Degree Completion financial aid contacts:
- Sue Herrmann, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, email@example.com or 651.690.8749
- Christina Ritter, Financial Aid Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org 651.690.6229
Tuition for the 2013-14 academic year is $514 per credit. The number of credits taken per term varies; some students take as few as four credits per term; others take eight credits or more per term. You'll need to be registered for six credits or more to be eligible for "half-time" financial aid.
You'll take a total of 30 to (approximately) 60 credits. Your total will vary, depending on your previous college history and the number of credits you are transferring into the program.
To begin estimating your costs, download our cost of attendance worksheet.
Colleges and universities often assess additional fees beyond tuition costs, further raising the cost of attendance. But, at St. Kate's, students currently are only charged these additional fees; rates listed below are in effect for the 2013-14 academic year, and are subject to change each June 1:
- New student fee: $15 (one time)
- Student activity fee: $52 per semester
- Graduation fee: $120 (one time)