Information Center Assistant Manager Employment Opportunity
The Student Center Information Center Assistant Manager is a key student leadership position within the Student Center. The Information Center Assistant Manager has responsibility for the efficient operation of the information center sales and to assign and monitor projects to the Information Center employees.
Conditions for Application
- Candidates must have and maintain a cumulative and semester grade point average of 2.5.
- This position requires that the Information Center Assistant Manager will work 10-12 hours per week (this includes training, opening, University breaks, and closing).
- Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of the campus and campus resources.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, customer services skills and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Effectively track the sale of movie passes, bus passes, etc.
- Support and implement new systems of tracking and selling at the information center.
- Replenish change; log sheets, and other supplies as needed at the Information Center.
- Track all the money and monitor the daily attendance log sheets
- Deposit the money from the sales of tickets and services at least once a week.
- Work cooperatively with the Building Managers, Information Center workers, and other para/professional staff within the Coeur de Catherine.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Information Center in the Coeur de Catherine.
- Assist with maintenance and supplies for the Information Center, including the ID system, order supplies
- Respond to emergencies within the facility and be trained in emergency procedures.
- Assign projects to workers related to the bulletin board
- Work on special projects as assigned by the professional staff and recommend student assistants with special skills for projects.
- Be knowledgeable and assist in implementing new office procedures and policies when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by the Student Center and Activities staff or Information Center Manager.
- Be a role model for staff and act in a manner that complies with all University policies and procedures.
- Keep all information confidential as necessary.
- Serve as a resource for Coeur de Catherine staff members and the University community in the absence of all Student Center and Activities Office professional staff members.
- Act as a representative of the Student Center and Activities staff in any matters or duties that may be assigned by the professional staff.
- Have necessary computer skills, be able to use the computer for administrative tasks, and have knowledge of the St. Kate’s website.
- Be knowledgeable of student organization information, involvement opportunities, recognition procedures and employment.
- Work collaboratively with Building Managers and Information Center Manager, and respond to situations that arise within the building, if needed
- Serve as role model regarding all expectations of Information Center Workers
- Fulfill all responsibilities outlined in the position description.
- Information Center Manager will be paid at a rate of $8.50 per hour.