Pulse Organization Event Coordinator Employment Opportunity
The Student Organization Manager is responsible for the smooth, efficient operation of Pulse programming and serves as the direct student contact person for club and organization reservations. This position also works with vendors to secure films for the Saturday Cinema series. This manager also splits the job of marketing the movie and music series on campus with the music manager. Finally, this position along with the Music Series Manager creates a schedule to have a Pulse staff member present at each event.
The Pulse Mission
Conditions for Application
1. Candidates must have and maintain a cumulative and semester grade point average of 2.5.
2. This position requires that the Pulse Manager will work 10-15 hours per week (this includes training, events, and regular office hours).
3. Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of the campus, campus resources, and programming.
4. Strong interpersonal skills, creativity, customer service skills and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Provide outreach and resources for student organizations wanting to program in the Pulse.
- Act as direct student contact for student organizations wanting to program within the Pulse.
- Hold meetings with those using the Pulse prior to the scheduled event.
- Maintain Pulse Facebook page by adding events, photos, etc.
- Have thorough knowledge of clubs and organizations, involvement opportunities, organization reservations in The Pulse and the Pulse reservation process.
- Review and approve Pulse reservations with the Assistant Director of Student Center and Activities and Music Series Manager in a timely manner.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Student Center and Activities and Music Series Manager.
- Serve as a liaison between the Student Center and Activities Office, the Pulse, and students.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Assistant Director of Student Center and Activities and Music Series Manager.
- Assist student organizations or visiting musicians when staffing events.
- Create work schedule with Assistant Director of Student Center and Activities and Music Series Manager to ensure staff is available to assist with event set-up and operations of every Pulse event.
- Assist Music and Movie Series Manager as needed to choose movies and performers in meeting programming needs.
- Research and develop programs for the Pulse funded by the Student Center and Activities Office.
- Maintain spreadsheet of student organizations showing films paid for by the Pulse.
- Work with Music and Movie Series Manager to create and implement Student Stations.
- Assess the programming needs of students and evaluate effectiveness of programs offered.
- Communicate with building managers about upcoming Pulse events.
- Maintain Pulse calendar and publicity, including publicity developed by sponsoring groups.
- Post flyers, posters and other promotional materials on the University of St. Catherine’s campus.
- Collaborate with Office Coordinator on Pulse website maintenance.
- Understand, execute and maintain audio/visual equipment use.
- To act as a role model and in a manner that complies with all college policies and procedures.
- To keep all information confidential as necessary.
- To fulfill all responsibilities outlined in the position description.
- To act as a representative of the Student Center and Activities staff in any matters or duties that may be assigned by the professional staff.
- To have necessary computer skills, be able to use the computer for administrative tasks, and have knowledge of the St. Kate’s website.
- To work collaboratively with building managers and Information Center Workers and respond to situations that arises within the Pulse.