Transfer Orientation Assistant Coordinator Employment Opportunity
The Transfer Orientation Assistant Student Coordinator is an integral part of the fall Orientation program. In helping train the Transfer Orientation Student Staff and helping new students make a positive transition into St. Catherine University, the Transfer Orientation Student Coordinator position allows a student to make a meaningful contribution to St. Kate’s.
To facilitate the successful transition of new transfer students to St. Catherine by assisting in the coordination of administrative processes for the Fall Transfer Orientation program and assisting in the training and development of the Transfer Orientation Leader Staff.
- Serve as a role model for the Transfer Orientation Leader Staff.
- Assist in training of the Transfer Orientation Leader Staff.
- Provide on-site assistance and supervision of the Transfer Orientation Leader Staff throughout the fall 2014 Transfer Orientation on Tuesday, September 6, 2014.
- Maintain a positive working attitude when interacting with all Orientation Committee members, The Transfer Orientation Sub-team, Orientation Leader Staff, faculty, staff, and students.
- Display a professional and courteous image as a student representative of St. Catherine University.
- Serve as a campus leader, conducting oneself in accordance with all St. Catherine policies and procedures.
- Understand and respect the confidentiality of information you may have contact with during this process.
- Co-coordinate the prize donation solicitation process, assembly of all manuals, design, production, and posting of all directional/location signage, the collection and organization of all Transfer Orientation folders with the assistance of the Director of Student Center and Activities and Transfer Coordinator.
- Assist in the evaluation and wrap-up of the Transfer Orientation program including making recommendations for future programs.
- Realize that Orientation is a dynamic program, which is constantly changing as issues arise, and that the Transfer Orientation Leaders must work together to ensure it runs effectively.
- Realize that you are a crucial part of the Orientation program and it is your job to help make it successful!
- Coordinate other duties and administrative processes relating to Transfer Orientation as assigned by the Director of Student Center and Activities, Transfer Coordinator and Transfer Student Coordinator.
- Attend Transfer Orientation Sub-team/Committee meetings throughout the spring and summer.
- Assist in planning and facilitating a Transfer OL training program for three hours in August, 2014.
- Have attended St. Catherine for at least one year at the conclusion of the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Have a genuine interest in new transfer students’ introduction to St. Kate’s and enjoy working with a variety of people.
- Have excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Possess strong communication skills and knowledge of the campus.
- Have a commitment to fulfilling the responsibilities of a Transfer Orientation Assistant Student Coordinator.
- Be available for meetings, the August training session, and the entire program on September 6.
- Have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Help coordinate a major campus event in conjunction with faculty and staff.
- Increase skill competencies in group communication, organization, and event planning.
- Gain a better understanding of St. Catherine University.
- Gain personal rewards such as confidence and the opportunity to help new students feel welcomed into the St. Kate’s community.
- Stipend of $300