Transfer Orientation Leader Employment Opportunity
Transfer Orientation Leaders facilitate the transition of new transfer students to St. Catherine University by helping to build connections between the new students and the St. Kate’s community (faculty, staff, and students) as well as provide information and resources to new transfer students that will assist them in succeeding both in and out of the classroom.
- Attend a Transfer OL training program for three hours during the last week in August.
- Attend the entire Fall 2014 Transfer Orientation program on Tuesday, September 6, 2014.
- At Orientation, serve as a group leader and facilitator for new transfer students.
- Provide campus information and referrals to new transfer students.
- Engage with new transfer students and serve as a positive role model and friend.
- Display a professional and courteous image as a student representative of St. Catherine.
- Serve as a campus leader, conducting oneself in accordance with all St. Kate’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with additional Orientation Day sessions as needed.
- Assist in the evaluation of the Transfer Orientation program.
- Communicate effectively with members of the Transfer Orientation Committee when needed.
- Have attended St. Catherine University for at least one year at the conclusion of the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Have a genuine interest in new transfer students’ introduction to the St. Kate’s community and enjoy working with a variety of people.
- Possess strong communication skills and knowledge of the campus.
- Have a commitment to fulfilling the responsibilities of a Transfer Orientation Leader.
- Be available for the August training session and the entire program on September
- Have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Increase skill competencies in group facilitation, problem solving, communication and referral.
- Gain a better understanding of St. Catherine University.
- Gain personal rewards such as confidence, the opportunity to form new friendships and help new students feel welcomed to the St. Kate’s community.
- Build relationships with St. Kate’s faculty and staff.
- Stipend of $35.