Loan Exit Counseling
An exit interview is a loan counseling session that provides borrowers with information regarding loan repayment, grace period, billing options, and collects updated borrower information as required by the federal government.
Prior to graduating, leaving the University or dropping below half-time, federal loan borrowers are required to complete a mandatory exit-counseling session. You will also need to complete an exit interview if you have received a Nursing Loan and change your major from nursing to another field of study. The online exit-counseling session provides the borrower their rights and responsibilities as a federal loan recipient.
Prior to accessing the exit interview website, please have the following information ready:
- Driver license number.
- Social security number.
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
- Permanent email address.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) references.
Once you receive your e-mail notification from University Accounting Service, sign onto UAS Exit website: https://www.uasexit.com
Note: It will take 15–20 minutes to complete your exit interview process.
- Log in with your last name, SSN, date of birth and permanent e-mail address.
- You will be asked to create a screen ID and password.
- Once created, an activation e-mail notification will be sent to the e-mail address you provided.
- To activate your account, click on the link provided in the e-mail.
- At the log-in page, re-enter your last name, SSN and date of birth.
- Click 'Login.'
- You will be directed to a page titled the Purpose of the Exit Interview.
- Enter three (3) references (provide full name, street address, city, state, zip code and telephone number, including area code).
- Next you will be taken through the exit counseling information and you will take a 10-question quiz at the end to ensure your understanding.
- Continue through the process until you see "Congratulations, you have successfully completed your exit interview."
- Your exit interview documents will be sent as a PDF file attachment to the permanent e-mail address you provided.
If you have a question about the exit interview website or need assistance completing the online process, please call the UAS Student Help Line: (800) 999-6227.
Exit interviews ARE mandatory: A hold will be placed on your student account at St. Catherine's until you complete the exit interview for your Perkins and/or Nursing Student Loan or if you default on your loan and it is sent to a collection agency.
No services — including the release of diplomas and transcripts will be provided while a hold is on your account.