By Bob Gillette, PhD and Lynn Gillette, PhD "Imagine a world...
By: Kerry Ann Rockquemore, PhD President, National Center for...
By Maryellen Weimer, PhD "One of the best gifts teachers can...
Tips for Regaining Control of the Classroom
Featuring nine possible ways to regain students' attention:
- Have a distinct sounding object.
- Signal nonverbally.
- Remember what your parents told you when a sibling was bothering you.
- Discuss very negative behaviors in private.
- Use humor.
- Rein in overparticipators.
- Implement participation rules.
- Mix it up.
- Don't take it personally.