By Lolita Paff, PhD "I am not an athlete. I lack...
By Maryellen Weimer, PhD "The emergence of different kinds...
By Bob Gillette, PhD and Lynn Gillette, PhD "Imagine a world...
Tips for Regaining Control of the Classroom
Featuring nine possible ways to regain students' attention:
- Have a distinct sounding object.
- Signal nonverbally.
- Remember what your parents told you when a sibling was bothering you.
- Discuss very negative behaviors in private.
- Use humor.
- Rein in overparticipators.
- Implement participation rules.
- Mix it up.
- Don't take it personally.