By Maryellen Weimer, PhD "I've been delving a bit into the...
This is a fascinating idea. How many times have walked past...
By Maryellen Weimer, PhD Good answers depend on good questions....
Tips for Regaining Control of the Classroom
Featuring nine possible ways to regain students' attention:
- Have a distinct sounding object.
- Signal nonverbally.
- Remember what your parents told you when a sibling was bothering you.
- Discuss very negative behaviors in private.
- Use humor.
- Rein in overparticipators.
- Implement participation rules.
- Mix it up.
- Don't take it personally.