Using Your Degree
Theology majors have pursued a range of careers, putting their knowledge and skills to work in many different ways.
St. Kate’s alumnae include:
- Mary Stommes, editor of theological books for Liturgical Press in Collegeville, Minnesota.
- Elizabeth Kautz, city of Burnsville mayor and president of the US. Conference of Mayors, which advises President Obama.
- Kathleen Rea Hanousek, co-founder of Clair House for AIDS patients. She received the St. Catherine Alumnae Award for her community work.
Your theology degree from St. Kate's will also open doors for graduate work in theology and other fields, including psychology, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, optometry, pharmacy and medical technology.
- Marie Mageary Saracen earned a master’s degree from Fairfield University in marriage and family therapy and is now a self-employed marriage and family therapist.
- Andrea Klein Begmann is pursuing graduate work in conflict resolution at Georgetown University. She studied Hebrew in Israel and won St. Kate’s prestigious award for writing, the Helen B. Lemmer Memorial Award in Honor of Mother Antonia McHugh.